2009 Ladies Breakaway ChampionAge at time of Championship: 27
Family: Clyde & Louise Dixey - Parents
Home Town: Ft. Hall, Idaho
Native American Heritage: I am a Full Blooded Shoshone Bannock Tribal Member
INFR Events Worked: Ladies Breakaway Roping
Horse name: Ramen, Owned by John Boyd, Jr./Boyd Stables of Greasewood Springs, Az
How important is it to you to have won an INFR Championship?
“A world title; means the “WORLD” to me! I have qualified to the INFR 12 times. My first INFR was when I was the young age of 12, held in Rapid City, South Dakota. Finally winning the title I have always dreamed about, made me feel so complete now the tough part comes, trying to win a world title back to back.”
What is your most memorable run at the 2009 INFR?
“My most memorable moment of the 2009 INFR was when I got to take my victory lap around the arena hearing world champion behind my name, and seeing everyone cheering.”
Who has been your biggest influence in Indian Rodeo?
“There are so many influences I can’t just pick one. Most of my influence comes from my family (“The Late” Kesley Edmo, Sr., grandma Maxine Edmo, my parents, sister Lee Ann and her children), but also my friends & the heart and power from my horses that always keeps me going.”
Rodeo Accomplishments: “I have numerous championship titles earned through out Junior Rodeo, High School Rodeo, Am-Pro Rodeo and Indian Rodeo. My most prestigious titles are;”
- 1995 All-around Cowgirl Idaho Junior Rodeo Association
- 1995 RMIRA All around Cowgirl/Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2001 Sybil Sangary Memorial Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2002 Bill Osceola Memorial Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2006 EIRA Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2007 INFR Tour Morango, California Breakaway Roping Champion
- 2007 INFR Tour Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2008/2009 Crow Fair Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2009 Arizona State Fair Champion Breakaway Roper
- 2009 INFR World Champion Breakaway Roper
Thank you’s: “I would like to thank my parents, Clyde, Louise & Jesus, without them none of this would be possible. “Ramen” for making every shot I took so easy! Also all my traveling partners you know who you are! The Boyd family for their motivation and support. Pace & Ruehea Broncho for their support. Shoshone Bannock Tribes for their generous sponsorship”.